Big, exciting things.
If 2019 taught me anything, it is I am a firm believer in two things:
everything happens for a reason
writing down your goals makes them more achievable
In the next year, we have a lot happening. That is, we have a lot of already planned things happening. We can’t take into account what unplanned things will happen. This is a list of goals, planned events and some personal affirmations.
Our 20 things in 2020
- We will be able to support our lifestyle with Alyssa leaving her full-time job.
- In May we will celebrate our sister’s 30th birthday and our 2nd wedding anniversary. Did I mention we get to do both on a cruise ship?
- We will successfully renovate two rooms.
- Read more books. In 2019, I think I read two… But have a stack of them waiting.
- We are traveling to Seattle for the Hella Mega Tour.
- We are, hopefully, spending many weekends at Table Rock Lake.
- We plan to fly our drone more… now that we figured out how to fly it at our house.
- We will both celebrate turning 27.
- We’ll figure out this whole video content thing.
- We are helping my mom grow her new business – IMBHO. Including some video content.
- We will install a much needed ceiling fan in our living room.
- I hope to reduce our plastic usage, but have to consider (especially if I leave my job) the cost of it.
- It is wasted energy in being angry about things you cannot control.
- I might try a couple other fun hair colors before returning to my natural look.
- Jared will improve his filming and #InstagramHusband photography skills.
- Third time’s the charm for planting grass in the backyard our dog likes to tear up.
- We plan to figure out a way to plant bushes or something along the fence of our backyard to block Quinn’s sight (please stop barking at the neighbor’s well behaved dog) and add a little extra privacy.
- Help others as much as we can.
- Build a foundation for #TheCalberts that we are proud to stand on.
- We will be true to ourselves and prioritize happiness together before all else.